People run out, go all crazy-style and then it's over. And I know what you're thinking...Flash mobs have NOTHING to do with food, Katie. True statement, but the reason I bring them up is because this post is going to be a flash mob of food experiences that I have had in my recent past. When starting my food blog, I thought it would be best to start with the most current, recent experiences, but some of the ones I've had in the recent past were just too good to not share. I figure the best way is to give little glimpses of some of the best. So, brace yourself for this flash mob of food photos and brief sound bites!
 |
| Ann Sather's is a well-known breakfast place in Chicago. These decadent cinnamon rolls come as a side dish (SIDE DISH!) to an entree! I love breakfast foods and this place is delish! |
 |
| I am always on the hunt for great coffee. This spring I traveled to Tucson, Arizona and found this gem of a coffee shop in town. A great homemade cinnamon scone and tasty cup of coffee (roasted locally in Tucson) in a trendy, uppity coffee shop! |
 |
| Crab cakes done right! Huge chunks of crab, not too much breading. This beautiful creation was from Legal Sea Foods in Boston, Massachusetts. |
 |
| I LOVE sushi! This is the largest plate of sushi I've ever seen before me at my favorite sushi place, Atami, in College Station, Texas. One of my best friends Kelli and I frequented Atami when I lived there. |
 |
| Traveling to Tucson this Spring, I was determined to have In-N-Out burger for the first time. Animal-style burger, animal-style fries and a chocolate shake! Check out the damage below. . . |
 |
| Oh, yes I did! |
 |
| Something I wanted to try forever...Swordfish! I love meatier, steak-ier fishes like salmon and tuna, and swordfish did not disappoint! I finally got the chance to have it at Skipjacks, a lovely restaurant in Boston. |
 |
| Chicago has a fabulous Greektown and a great place we like to go to for dessert called Artopolis. Their unique creation that I love is called a Cappucino Fredo, which is an iced cappucino (which normally isn't possible to create, but they do it) and it's wonderful! |
 |
| Lobster Macaroni and Cheese! Need I say more? Ok, I will: I enjoyed this treat at Anthem in Boston's Quincy Market. Another important thing to note: since I LOVE mac and cheese so much, I have determined that any where I go that has a ridiculous mac and cheese dish, I have to get it. So far, my favs have been this Lobster mac, Dungeness Crab mac on my honeymoon at the top of the Seattle Space Needle, and a Duck mac I had at Goose Island in Chicago! |
 |
| I had to work at a carnival for my job this spring in Arizona. When I heard they had fried snickers, I knew I just had to try one (or half of one, I split it with the girl in the picture). It was SO good, an ultimate indulgence: snickers dipped in pancake batter and fried! |
 |
| Voted the best Lobster roll in New England, I enjoyed this creation at Skipjacks in Boston. |
 |
| My mom and I went on a trip to New York City and had many great culinary experiences while we were there (our favorite of which was a food tour of Chelsea Market and the meat packing district - a must-do if you go to NYC!), and one that we really enjoyed was breakfast from Magnolia Bakery, enjoyed on a beautiful morning in Rockefeller Plaza. |
Above is a pretty comprehensive photo-journalism snap shot of some great experiences I've had, but one that gave me the most excitement that I unfortunately didn't get a picture of was a dish I had in Chicago at Park 52, a restaurant near where we live in Hyde Park. Travis and I went there to celebrate my 25th birthday this spring, and what I ordered made me SO happy: Tiger Shrimp and Grits! I had never had a grits dish like that beyond the typical breakfast variety, and when it was paired with a handful of crustaceans in a sweet sauce, I was hooked! I have been dreaming of them ever since!
Ok! You've officially been flash mobbed, food-style!
I'm so proud of you for starting this! You go, girl! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for helping inspire me to do it, gf! And thanks for reading :)
ReplyDelete