...but in the course of my life over the last several months, I have been inspired. Inspired by life, by love, by people and new places. Each of these uniquely contributed to the creation of this blog, and thus, this post.
Life has taken me on many, many recent travels around the country to many new places. I recently got married to my sweet and wonderful husband, and moved to Chicago where he is in school. Chicago is one of the top cities in the world for culinary experiences, for which my husband and I regularly seek to take advantage of while we live here during this season of life. In the same course of time, I got a job that sends me to several different universities and cities around the nation. My travels (and, to my culinary fortune, expense account) have led me to explore another one of my loves, which is food. I've always loved food and have a healthily adventurous appetite (something my family and friends can attest to). I love and seek-out trying new things, with hopes to stumble upon an inspiring food experience to file away in my taste bud memory. If a food item looks or sounds good, I eat it (and I will always urge you to do the same!). I especially like new foods if they are epic or unique in some form or fashion (although not related, for me, this same logic applies to footwear). And finally, it is my inspiration from people that has led me to this blog. A dear, wise friend of my husband, upon seeing the visual representation of my recent travels through pictures of food on Facebook said to him, "If Katie ever loses her job, she could make money being a food blogger!" True confession: that would be an amazing job! I fear my waistline would never be the same though...
So, all of that said, this is the culmination of my inspiration: a blog about food that I eat, enjoy or admire, in some form or fashion, from all aspects of my life. Some posts will be about seemingly mundane food and some will be about insane creations that only the food gods can dream up.
So, as with food and as with life, ENJOY!
I can't wait to read more! I just ate...and after reading/looking at your pics I could eat again! Well done my lady!
ReplyDelete